December 16, 2011

Smell through the Screen….

Snowman with Flavor

Cut - Outs

Gingerbread man, now missing. If seen, alert the authorities.

A few of the finished product.

Bags and Bags of icing. YUM!

That's my favorite color-blocked tree on the end.

A few of the ones going to neighbors and loved ones.

When I was younger, I participated in girl scouts (trying to win as many patches as I could obviously) and my mother still has the apron from those days.  I think they made me sew “Mom” on it which is really a travesty because I definitely can’t sew.  Sorry, Grandma.

The wonderful woman behind it all, my mother.

Here are a few of the other cookies she whipped up in the last day.  My mother is a triumph, gold medal winning woman in the kitchen.  For some reason, she feels she needs a variety (even though everyone is obsessed with the iced & sprinkled).  So, here are a few others that sat waiting for tins.

Homemade black & white.

Coconut

Peanut Butter with Chocolate Chip

Cook's favorite.

Have to bring tin’s to the neighborhood now.  Hope you can smell it all through the screen!

Merry Christmas, Festivus, Hanukkah, Kwanza!

15 comments so far.

15 responses to “Smell through the Screen….”

1. Bea M. says:

Thanks for the advertisement. Many of us “Moms” are hard at work this time of year. We are trying for the perfect Rockwell Christmas to please ourselves and our families, when in fact, the only thing we really need to enjoy the holidays is our loved ones. It’s not the presents folks, it’s the people. Merry Christmas all!

2. ceciliag says:

Oh your mother is gorgeous, and so young (what are you 15?).. and those cookies, LOVELY! c

• Cassie says:

She’s going to love that you said this. 🙂 And I’m 23…she’d be shocked if I told you how old my older brother was so I won’t even go there! And thanks lady – your pictures today with the snow were beautiful. I want to print them!

3. Bea M. says:

YOUNG!, Yeah, you are my new best friend! Thank you!

4. Michael Ann says:

I think your mom needs her own blog!!! 🙂
    BTW, I don’t think you need to make something sweet for your boyfriend. You are sweet enough 🙂

• Cassie says:

Haha, she would love that probably – she loves to comment on mine with her little witty sayings. And thanks lovely lady! That peanut brittle looked so good!

5. Liz says:

We make those peanut butter cookies in my family, too. We call them “peanut butter blossoms,” but I like to call them “crack.”

6. ClaireMcA says:

Lost you for a while, now I found you again and yum aren’t I happy to be here, so lovely to visit your Mum’s kitchen, what a treasure!

7. Grace says: